Vitebsk State Medical University was founded in November 1934. Situated in the center of the city of Vitebsk, University is one of the biggest establishments of the city. It has five hostels out of which two hostels are for foreign students only.
The University is a Govt. Establishment and comes under the Ministry of health of Republic of Belarus and is recognized by WHO, European Union, US, UK, Medical Council of India. Students from India are studying in the Academy from the year 1983. Presently foreign students from the different continents India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Europe, Greece, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Latin America and Africa are studying in the University.
From 1997 up to 2005 the Institute has seen big reformations. The new departments and courses of professional development were organized. Knowledge quality control system was developed and implemented. The system of medical education that is competitive at the world market of educational services was established. The electronic library with computer classrooms connected to the global information sources was created on 10.03.2003. The Institute has successfully passed the certification and accreditation to the status of higher educational university-type establishment and was modified to Vitebsk State Order of Peoples' Friendship Medical University in 1998.
The degrees awarded on the graduation from Vitebsk State Medical University are recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG, Philadelphia, USA), Lithuanian Centre for Higher Education Quality Assessment (Lithuania), Ministry of Education and Higher Education of the Republic of Lebanon, Federation Credentials Verification Service (FCVS, Dallas, USA), Medical Councils of India, Sri Lanka, Ireland, etc.
The overseas students are studying at the University since 1981. There are 5 computer classes and 19 video classes and Multimedia Laboratory at the University.
- The physicians' practical skills training is held in 28 well equipped therapeutic and surgical clinics.
- There is a Central Scientific Research Laboratory with modern equipment for training highly qualified specialists at the University.
- All the students and professorial staff have access to the world information through Internet.
- High Quality Education.
- Study in English Medium
- Entire education in English Medium.
- Low Cost, High Demand, Limited Seats
- Daily Class Tests, 100% Attendance needed.
- NO ENTRANCE, NO DONATION, LOW FEE
- Premier Universities and Ranked the Best in the country
- Affordable medical study tuition fees and living expenses
- International accredited universities and recognized degrees
- Duration of course after 10+2 standard in Kyrgyzstan is 6 years.
- Best opportunities for clinical exposure at university run hospitals
- MCI Recognized: Eligible for Govt. Jobs and PG Courses in India
- The educational fees are very low due to subsidy by the Government.
- Proven high quality of education and excellent academic standards
- Several international transport link (easy accessible geographic locations
- Admission by simple application, Easy student visa application process
- Medical degrees are recognized all over the world, by WHO, UNESCO etc.
- International Degree: Recognized by WHO, Medical Council of India, FAIMER
- Recognized by International Association of Universities, Medical Council of over 180 countries
- Wide range of possibilities & broad exposure to clinical practice in highly equipped multiprofile hospitals